At Belford Oaks we have two Centre closure days for Professional Development and we close for approximately three weeks over the Christmas period.
What is the Child Care Subsidy?
The Australian Government is committed to ensuring that Australian families are able to access affordable, flexible and high quality child care. The Government provides a number of subsidies and programs to help with the cost of child care, with the Child Care Subsidy being the main type of assistance that most families will use.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy the following requirements must be met:
the child must:
– be a ‘Family Tax Benefit child’ or ‘regular care child’ and
– be 13 or under and not attending secondary school and
– meet immunisation requirements
The person claiming the Child Care Subsidy, or their partner, must:
– meet residency requirements and
– meet the Child Care Subsidy activity test (or be eligible for an exemption) and
– be liable to pay for care provided under a Complying Written Arrangement (their written agreement) with their child care provider
– child care must be provided by an approved provider in Australia and not be part of a compulsory education program, for example school.